Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Saturday, August 7, 2010

Back to the Chaos!

Well, I know my posts have been getting fewer and fewer again lately, but I blame work! After 4 glorious weeks off, I started back to work on July 26th and have hardly come up for a breath! I've never mentioned much before, but I am an online school teacher and students started this past Wednesday! It has been so BUSY!

The good news is that this is the smoothest year I've had since starting with this school 3 years ago. It is great, but it still keeps me swamped helping get families and students going with their lessons, doing what they need to do, etc. So that's where I've been!

Thank you all SO much for your encouragements and thoughts on my last post. Thank you for allowing me to grieve and giving me the encouragement that it was okay to feel that way. I actually did very well after writing that post - I think just getting a lot of it down in writing really helped.

We are now 27 weeks and I definitely need to get some updated pictures posted. I can't believe the 3rd trimester is here!! It is CRAZY how fast things are suddenly going. And with work in full swing, time is going to start going even faster!

Today I am up crazy early because I just can't sleep. Today hubby and I are going with my parents, my grandma, my aunt, my brother and his girlfriend and my sister-in-law and niece to have our 3D ultrasound done!

This is the ultrasound we talked about here where they will hopefully be able to use our little girl's pre-birth and post-birth pictures in a great pro-life calendar. We are SO excited, and hoping to bring home a DVD of Baby Girl as well.

Speaking of Baby Girl, we now have a list of names people have taken to call her...

Brunhilda (one of my BFF's daughters to thank for this one...)
Baby Brunie (thank you girlfriends I visited a few weekends ago...you know who you are!)
Ms. Thang (Grandpa...I have a feeling this one will be sticking after she is born)
Thumper (named by my aunt after I heard the heartbeat for the first time)
Baby Girl
And her real name, when it's just hubby and I when we are at home. :)

It's fun to see what nicknames our friends and family come up with for her. It makes me feel like others are so involved and invested in this right along with us.

As always, we are so incredibly blessed. Thank you, God, for this little miracle!

3 comments:

embieadoptmom said...

WOW TIME FLIES! Hugs to you and your belly!

Room for More said...

I like those names, well, kind of, ; ) I do love hearing of the joy a baby can bring not only to her parents, but to all the extended family and friends. She is so very loved!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

I can't wait until you announce your baby girl's real name! :)