Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Thursday, June 17, 2010

Incredible!!

There is a non-profit here where I live that offers advice and counsel for those who find themselves pregnant and need somewhere to turn. They are very prolife and encourage girls and women to pursue every avenue available to them that will keep them from aborting their baby. I've known of them for years and love the organization.

Well, through a series of many encounters, I have been put in touch with the woman who makes their annual calendar. This calendar is amazing - it is filled with 3D/4D shots of babies, and then their picture a few months after they are born. It is absolutely incredible, and it is sold to raise money for the organization and to advocate for life.

She and I were able to connect and we are going to be able to be a part of this amazing opportunity!! Here is what it all includes:

The calendar includes a 3D ultrasound of a child before birth and then a very cute picture of the child after birth. The calendar is sold by (name of non-profit)as a fundraiser. The mommies who are chosen to be a part of this project receive a free 3D ultrasound session, a free portrait session with a cd of photos and permission to have them printed and their child appears on a calendar (as they say, “priceless” :)).

The 3D facilities are great with lots of room for family and friends to view the ultrasounds on a large screen. Participants receive a cd of the ultrasound pictures. Then, depending on the ultrasound results, when the baby is 6-7 months-old I will schedule a photo shoot at my in-home studio. From this session, participants will receive professionally edited photos on a cd and permission to have them reprinted at a photo lab. Lastly, participants will receive several copies of the calendar with their sweet baby on it.

Okay, incredible or what? I am running out of strong adjectives to use, but I am SO excited!!! We are set for our 3D ultrasound on August 7th!

4 comments:

Maria H. said...

SWEET!!! Those 3d US's are incredible-you will love that!!

kdactyl said...

We did 3-D u/s with our son and it was soooo awesome! We are planning on doing it with our daughter as well around 26-27 weeks! So happy you are doing this and being a part of a wonderful organization. Enjoy!

Bridgett and Matt said...

I can't wait for you to have your 3D Songoram because it's on my 29th Birthday! I'm so excited you'll get to see your baby girl on my Birthday...What a wonderful way to spend the day!! You'll have to send me a copy of that calendar for sure!! I'll call you to work out paying for the calendar!! :)

Lori said...

The 3-d views are amazing and wonderful!!! Exciting that you are going to get photo shoots for your little girl!! Already a diva!!