Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Monday, June 7, 2010

They're here!!

Hubby and I decided recently to attempt to cloth diaper when this little one comes into the world. I really wasn't sure if hubby would go for it, but when he heard how much money we could save, he was all about it! I'm excited to give it a try and see how it goes!

Anywho, a couple of weeks ago I found a good deal on a couple of B.um G.enius diapers and we ordered them! I was able to buy one of them and get the other for free, and today they were in my mailbox.



Now I just need the baby to try them on!! :) I can't wait - they are too cute for words even without the cute baby butt in them!

7 comments:

Jess said...

I got mine today and can't wait to try them too!!! Hope we both love them.

Christy said...

I will happily donate Andy's bum to you!

Angela said...

Very fun! My dh won't even let me talk about cloth. But honestly he probably wouldn't know if I did it during the day! Glad you're feeling better and that your pg is going so well! God bless!

kdactyl said...

We switched to cloth for our 2 year old several months ago. Sooooo wonderful. Yes..there is a bit more work...but not much and over time you can really, really save. So far we have used the FLIP diapers (made by bum genius...they are awesome) and GroBaby. I like the FLIP better only because my son is older and they are seem more absorbant (cuz I can double the inserts)...but I see my groBabys being wonderful for a younger baby. I bought only one size fits all so that they will grow with the baby...but I am thinking they will be too big for a newborn, so I am considering just doing prefolds and covers for the newborn (we have another coming in November). My big advise is this...get your DH to install a diaper sprayer on your toilet. Totally makes cleanup a breeze. AND...make sure you research how to wash correctly to keep absorbancy, avoid odors and have them last. AND...Sunning is the BEST thing in the world for cloth diapers....so get a clothes line and go for it. Yay for you.

AmyB said...

I always thought those who chose to use cloth were nuts. Well, now I'm a nut. Its addicting and cute and cheaper. :)

Kerrie said...

I can't wait to those on your baby's cute little bum too!! That deal was awesome!

Mandie said...

You know I love cloth!!! :)