Our original weekend plans included a hangout time by the lake with good friends, interviews for a ministry I help with while hubby worked on their website on Saturday and church/hangout time today. Well, thankfully we had today because all other plans went awry!
Wednesday we got a call that some of hubby's family was having a last minute reunion. We really wanted to go because one of his aunts who has Parkinson's is going to be moving to Utah, and we had no idea if we would be seeing her again. His grandma's health has also been struggling, as well as another uncle. Since we hadn't been there since November, we cancelled all plans and headed out Friday night.
It's about a 3 hour drive from where we live, but we still managed to get there before 8:00. We headed over to one aunt's house and had a good time seeing everyone. It was really nice that his family got to see me pregnant since we probably won't be able to be there again until baby is here.
Saturday night I woke up extremely early and unable to sleep. As the morning went on, my head started killing me. Sure enough, I ended up with a migraine that kept me hiding out in our room most of the day, unable to visit nearly as much as I would have liked. I LOVE hubby's family. His mom had 12 kids, and the sisters are all just such a riot!
After lunch, an experiment with homemeade root beer (success!) and many little mini-naps to get me through the pain of the headache, we headed out for the big family reunion park get together. Within an hour of being there, I had to let hubby know we had to leave. :( I was miserable and starting to feel naseaus on top of the headache.
We had to drive back home that night, so we were only there to visit for 24 hours. I had to help with church the next morning, and there was no way either of us could handle more time away with how we were feeling (hubby's colitis was acting up as usual when there is a change in routine).
While driving home, I did my best to sleep in the passenger seat. Not an easy feat, but I did get some rest. About 30 minutes from home, I suddenly jolted up and made hubby pull over. Sure enough, I tossed my first cookies of the pregnancy. Thank goodness I managed to get out of the car, but it was miserable all the same.
We got home, I took a shower, had a bowl of cereal and collapsed into my bed. It never felt so good!
Woke up this morning with a bit of a headache still, but didn't continue to feel sick. I went to church to run children's service and felt pretty normal after that. We went to 2nd service together, and then came home to relax today. It has been a fantastic day today - some good lunch, watched a movie together, and now are watching the NBA Finals while hubby grills burgers and I make fries and cut up watermelon.
I know this sounds like a gripe post, but despite all the plan changes and sickness, I love our life. We are so blessed. We recently started grilling more often, and it's nice to prepare dinner together and just enjoy each other. Today has been wonderful, and was a great break before we jump back into the week tomorrow morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment