Okay, so my wonderful friend Tara pointed out that I really didn't give you much info about the pregnancy in that update post...but that's because there isn't too much to update!
Things seem to be going fine at this point. I will be 18 weeks tomorrow, which seems so surreal. I can't believe I'm 4 1/2 months already! I'm feeling MUCH better than I did in the first trimester, though as I said, I still run out of energy easily.
The belly is becoming more and more noticeable and I'm starting to get comments like, "When are you due?" and then a surprised "wow, you still have a ways to go" when I tell them November. Ya, thanks. It's more noticeable in dresses and that's when I get those comments the most.
Friday I go for a check-up and am SO ready to hear the baby's heartbeat again - it's been too long! I have yet to feel him or her move, which I know can be very normal, but I'm a worry-wort...and I want to KNOW everything is okay! I am anxious to feel our miracle baby moving around, and I know it could be anytime now...so I'm constantly sitting and laying quietly, hoping to feel something.
We have our "big" ultrasound coming up on June 11th - just a little over a week away!! We are finding out the gender, and I am SO excited!! I am more than ready to be able to call this baby a he or she instead of he/she all the time. We won't be announcing the name until the birth, but it will be excited to announce the gender at the end of next week!
All in all, it is still just so unreal that we are going through all of this. I am in major cleaning-out mode, trying to make sure we get everything set up in time. I have wrecked our office in an attempt to make more room - as always, things get worse before they get better.
I'll post a baby development update tomorrow along with new belly pics once I get DH to take them.
Thank you all so much for your never-ending prayer support and encouragement. I care for and love you all so deeply, and am touched that you keep up with me, even when I drop off the face of the earth now and again.
6 comments:
Thanks for the update!!! I am thrilled everything is going so well!!!
Hugs!!!
Thanks for filling us in! You have to have the most watched pregnancy in the world! :-) Glad things are going smoothly for you and can't wait to hear what you are having!! Love ya!
Can't wait until you find out boy/girl! :)
WOW! Time flies huh? I hear you on the surrealness of it all, I am still there even at almost 35 weeks. I still CANNOT BELIEVE there is a baby in there LOL! ;) HUGS!
I loved 'finding' you and reading this post! How exciting to be where you are with the BIG u/s quickly approaching!
Knowing the gender really helped us w/ the bonding and reality factor, as it was all so surreal to me. And even moreso, when we named her! Can't wait to find out!
Post a Comment