Right now I've had a bad case of insomnia and have been wide awake since 3 a.m. I figured this was a great time to catch up on my blog a bit - I've had a post I've been WANTING to write for a few weeks now!
On September 11th, my mom and aunt threw me my baby shower! It was such a special, surreal and wonderful day. My mom has been waiting for years to throw me a shower...she grabbed dibs on it from the time my wedding shower was being planned!
It was a beautiful shower - and I felt so blessed to have family and so many church friends come to celebrate Baby Girl's life! We had a great time, ate some yummy food and played some fun games. I am so thankful for all of these amazing women!
And thank you, Mom and Auntie - your heart, love and time poured into this shower meant the world to me. I had a wonderful time and will never forget this day!
I figured ya'll wouldn't let me get away without sharing some pictures...so here you go! The bummer part is that my mom was the photographer, and we completely forgot to get any shots of her and I - but I'm sure we'll have plenty in the days to come!
Some of the guests just hanging out:

Me and my hopeful-someday-sister-in-law, R:

R and my niece Jayde holding some beautiful babies!

A and E, two long time family and church friends - I used to have E in youth group when I was a sponsor and she just got MARRIED in July! Goodness, I feel old!

Yummy food! Those tiny cupcakes were delicious - and the chocolate fountain that was on another counter was heavenly!

Such an adorable outfit from my great-aunt! I can't wait to see her in it!

My other great-aunt couldn't make it but she made this beautiful blanket for baby girl. It is just like one my grandma would have made if she were still here....I teared up when I opened it. It is incredible.

We got our changing pad and cover for the changing table! And it is the softest cover ever - I love it!!

My aunt is so cute in her wrapping, and found the cutest bib to put on the gift!

I love this frame capturing all of her "firsts" - this was from my aunt. :)

Showing off the baby book my mom got me! Her mom bought her baby book for her and someday I hope to buy my little girls' baby book for her baby!

God is so good! We are so very, very blessed. There was a long period of time when we never thought we'd be here....and now there are only 33 days left until our miracle's due date! Thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart.
9 comments:
What fun! The blanket will be one you cherish always! The countdown is on...
You look BEAUTIFUL! What a fabulous shower!
So happy for you and you do look great! Your story renews my hope. Thanks for sharing it!
Congrats on your shower! Wow - Only 33 days! :)
Can you believe that's really YOU in those pictures? Pretty amazing! You look gorgeous!
You look so radiant and beautiful! Congratulations! The shower looks lovely!
Ahh, loved all the pics! I can't wait to meet your little miracle:)
The shower looks like a wonderful time was had by all! You look great and thanks for sharing pics! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you all!
Hey there is Tami from Just Mom's! CONGRATS again sweetie and it won't be long now and you will be holding your sweet little miracle! I still get goose bumps when reading about your pregnancy! A true miracle is about to be born and I am so excited to finally see some pics of her and "meet" her! Congrats again hun!!!
Post a Comment