I was a little hesitant to walk into my fertility clinic holding my baby girl - I didn't want to hurt any hearts of women there who are so desperately trying to get pregnant. But the staff really wanted to see her, and I wanted them to meet her. So I went and they brought me back quickly and took me to a back room. I don't think too many patients saw us.
Anywho, every single nurse, office worker, etc that we worked with during our transfer came in to say hello. It was WONDERFUL to see them all again and they were all so happy to see us. Our Dr. came in, too, and we got a picture of him, myself and Sweet Pea! I am so thrilled to have this picture. :)
Now the point of the story....
While we were talking, the staff member who does all the scheduling, timing, etc for IVF and FET's said something about "And it's all thanks to you we do mostly natural FET's now!" They mentioned to me when I got a BFP that they might try doing a natural FET (their protocol still includes a trigger and possible progesterone after, but it’s still much less than shutting down your entire reproductive system and controlling it themselves like they used to do), but I didn’t hear anything after that.
Apparently, now they do almost all natural FET’s AND it has increased their pregnancy rate!! I was SO excited – both my dr. and the staff kept giving me full credit for this happening because I insisted on doing a natural cycle when they were hesitant about it. It was just such a blessing to me to know what happened as a result of our cycle! Of course, I know the credit goes completely to God for working this all out - how amazing that so many successful cycles are now being done naturally!
AND – they are now looking at starting an embryo donation program at my clinic!! They said they work with several women doing egg donor cycles and they almost always end up with a large amount of embryos stored. They really want to start looking at doing an in-clinic donation program with some of these embryos. Nothing has been done yet, but there is that possibility.
This is THRILLING to me because if anything comes up, I am the first on the list to be called to receive donor embryos!!! EEEEK!!!
There are also a couple other things happening behind the scenes in our lives that could use prayer - so please be praying that we would be really listening and looking for what steps God wants us to take next! :)
We didn’t think there was ever a way we’d be able to go through EA/ED again due to cost. And now there is a very real possibility. I didn’t see how any doors would be opened to having another child, and now there is at least a cracked window.
God is SO GOOD! I just had to share.
7 comments:
I'm so happy for you!!! Great post full of GREAT news!!! Sweet Pea is adorable!!!
Hugs!!!
That is beautiful and exciting news!
That picture gave me goosebumps and tears! I am ridiculously happy for you to have Sweet Pea in your life. She is an amazing little girl.
And YAY for cracked windows! God IS good!
I just found your blog through another blog. Congrats on your successful EA!
My husband and I were just matched with 6 embryos and we are in the process of finalizing everything.
I may have some questions for you...my doctor wants me to do a semi-natural cycle (I think it's similar to what you described) but I've been unsure if that's the right way to go... I just want the best chance for our little snowbabies.
Hello, my name is Jessi. My husband and I are on a waiting list for embryo donation at a local fertility clinic. I have enjoyed reading your story! If you have time, would you be able to tell me what natural FET's are? I am nervous about taking birth control shots, ect. Did you have to wait on a waiting list? Also anything else you could tell me about embryo adoption, I would be very grateful :) Here is my email Jessi0224@gmail.com or if you just want to comment that's fine.
Thanks,
Jessi
Hi Tanya,
I am SO sorry I am just now replying to you! I have been away from my blog for a bit - poor, neglected blog!
I LOVED my natural cycle (or as close to natural as I could get them to go for!). It was easy, less stress and of course for us turned out to be incredibly successful.
If you are someone who ovulates regularly on her own, and has a normal cycle (perhaps your infertility issue lies with your husband, as does ours, or is unknown - such a frustrating diagnosis to not have a reason, I know!!), then I think a natural cycle could be great! If you do have trouble ovulating on your own, however, it may be beneficial for the doctor to control your system through the normal suppression and pretend ovulation route. :)
Jessi,
I am also SO SORRY I haven't responded!! I will send you a personal email to be in touch. :)
Post a Comment