Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Friday, November 4, 2011

No particular name for this post...

I started off calling this "Party planning is stressful..."

But it has kind of morphed into a scattered, all over the place post.

So to start....Party planning is stressful...especially when you're trying to incorporate your new way of eating into it!

Back in May/June, hubby and I chose to start a new eating lifestyle in our house. We are incorporating the principles of a traditional, whole foods diet, based mainly on the principles of the Westin A. Price Foundation. This includes eating as few processed foods as possible, consuming raw and cultured dairy products (all from SAFE, CLEAN dairy farms!), sprouted, soaked or soured grains and grass-fed and pastured meats.

Needless to say, it has been an OVERWHELMING change in our lives. We literally emptied our our pantry and fridge and gave all of our processed and boxed food away to friends and family who would be able to use it. We restructured our budget to fit in more money for the natural, organic and grass-fed food we would need to buy. I now order from a produce co-op every week, we order our beef and pork directly from the ranchers who raise them on a local farm, I make my own everything from scratch (with the exception of ketchup and a couple of other things that I have found suitable replacements at a couple of health food stores).

All this to say, I really wanted to incorporate our new eating lifestyle into Sweet Pea's party tomorrow. So I am making homemade meatballs with homemade BBQ sauce, homemade crackers with sliced cheese (that is not homemade nor raw which we normally consume just because I'm out of it right now!), organic (for the most part) fruit and veggie trays, organic sour cream with homemade "ranch" dip mix, and from scratch pumpkin-spice cupcakes and cream cheese frosting using unrefined sweeteners.

All this not to brag...but to ask for some prayers as the cracker making did not go well yesterday, so I have to start all over today and still get all the other stuff done, too! We have a beef pickup at 10 a.m. tomorrow and her party at 1, so as much as possible needs to be done today!

My aunt is coming over to help watch Sweet Pea and help me prep as much as possible, so that will be a huge help! And my mom may take her out of the house for a few hours, which will be great, too. I just know I'm stressing, which makes my patience short, and that's the last thing I want or need around my husband or daughter. :)

Speaking of husband, I guess I need to do an update post soon on how he is doing. The long and short of it is that it is up and down. Step forward, two steps back, and every once in a while two or three steps forward! We just keep praying for his health and healing.

No comments: