Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hello Blogging World!

I seem to get so caught up in day to day life that I forget about my poor little blog over here....but I'm still around!

We've had quite a bit going on lately and I haven't been on the computer much. Work has kept me extremely busy and sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it. I work from home and while I love it, it means I'm constantly "in the office" if you know what I mean. I've worked on shutting down, but sometimes there are times when I need to do something in the middle of the day, so I need to make up time at night...and then I get caught up in what I'm doing...you can see where that goes!

I've also been busy working with our children's ministry at church. Our children's director stepped down at the beginning of July and I was asked to take over temporarily in our Birth-Kindergarten area. I did, but it was overwhelming considering the school year was starting which is also my busiest and craziest time of year! Thankfully, they have now hired a new Kids and Families Pastor, who is going to be fantastic! So I was able to step back into my old role of service coordinator and that part of life has slowed down a bit.

My most difficult update and piece of news is that my grandpa passed away on October 4th (a week ago tomorrow). I miss him so incredibly much...he and I were so close. My grandma passed in 2002, and having them both gone is really hard. I grew up with them involved in all parts of my life - they were so supportive and encouraging of everything I did. I'm thankful for such a wonderful relationship with my grandparents, and I sure miss them both so much.

This pic is my grandpa last Thanksgiving. It's the last time he was really "with it", before the Alzheimer's really started taking over and he just wasn't himself anymore.

Left to right: Dad, Mom, Grandpa, Me, Brother
Photobucket

I'm hoping to keep up a lot more...but I always say that. I think I'm going to have to adopt a similar format to my friend Kat. Each day she has a different focus for her blog - I need that, because otherwise I have no idea what to blog about! I feel like my life isn't too exciting, but I do know I have tons of blessings and wonderful family. So hopefully I'll have a format worked out soon. :)

No comments: