Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hubby's Health

Most of you who read this blog know that my poor hubby has been sick for many, many years. A few months ago he was put on a drug that we knew would have some nasty side effects and was only supposed to be on for a few months. Well, those months have gone by and sure enough the side effects are there. He goes in on June 30th for a follow up appointment and I am hoping that they start weaning him off of this medication.

Hubby has been feeling great lately it seems - many less restrictions on what he eats, etc. I am SO excited for him. I know the first drug has helped a lot (the one we are about to wean him off of), butr he has also started a new drug treatment that is administered every 8 weeks by an IV. If this works right, this will be the last drug he ever needs and he will be feeling NORMAL for the first time in his life.

He has received one treatment so far and is supposed to receive the second on July 2nd. However, he has been sick (sinus/cold wise) and we don't know if he can receive the treatment while sick.

PLEASE pray that he feels fine in a week from today and can get the treatment!! I want him to feel better so badly - he deserves this!

1 comment:

Bliss family said...

Heather.....

I sure hope that Rodney continues to keep on his feeling well trend! He sure deserves to feel much better and be able to do things with his family!