Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm still here!

Hey everyone! Sorry for disappearing for the last month. Finishing up the school year and getting into a summer routine has been chaotic to say the least.

So for some updates on life and the adoption lately...

We did have our last homestudy meeting and have now been waiting 4 weeks for the homestudy to be written and proofed. It should be done anytime and sent to the court. The bummer news is that the courts are taking longer right now. What used to take just a couple of weeks is now taking 6-8 weeks. So the longer the agency takes to get our homestudy typed up and ready the longer we have because the 6-8 weeks doesn't start until the court receives the homestudy. Ugh! I am SO ready to get this show on the road!

Let's see...

In May I went up north with a group of 9 girls fore a great girls' getaway/scrapbooking weekend. We had a blast as always - tons of fun and more food than we needed for a week! The weather was gorgeous and we were so glad to get out of Phoenix!

On Sunday, mine, M's, K's and C's husband's and kiddos came up to hang out for Memorial Day. We had a blast riding quads, eating, playing with the kids and just hanging out. Sunday night we had a campfire and roasted marshmallows with the littles. After we put them to bed, we stayed up around the campfire for quite some time - we played "Psychiatrist". It was absolutely hilarious!

As for summer, I'm technically still working but it is a much lighter load. I'm feeling the layers of stress slowly peel off. :) Yesterday I went for a little picnic and swim get together at a friend's house and brough my youngest niece. She was so adorable sitting in her float with her shade over her - she almost fell asleep she was so comfortable!

I'm hoping to get together with friends a lot this summer and just enjoy my time. Hopefully it will be my last summer without my own littles to take care of! :)

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well! I can't wait till all this waiting is over for you!