Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Friday, December 4, 2009

Advent

Such a simple word. With a simple meaning - Coming. The Advent season is one full of expectation and hope. As we go through these weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, our hearts fill with the hope that the season brings.

Even in the midst of grief and sadness, I can feel the hope of the season. The hope of Christ. And I am thankful.

Thankful that He came. Thankful that He loves me. Thankful that because He came and gave His life to bridge the gap between God and each and every one of us, I can come to God at anytime. I can crawl up into His lap and be His child. And He will wrap His arms of comfort around me and tell me how much He loves me and How much I mean to Him. And He fills me with hope.

No matter how much this broken world lets me down, I can always eagerly anticipate my time with Christ. And if nothing else ever came to me, I would be filled to the top with a joy that cannot be taken because I have Him by my side.

Tonight we are going to put up our tree together, and tomorrow hopefully put up some lights - more reminders of this wonderful Christmas season. And I will take a special moment to remember the real reason we celebrate - the ultimate gift of love, given so many years ago. A baby - small and perfect, who would grow into a man that would give His life so that I could know and be with God.

God gave. He may not have given us our baby(ies) (yet), and we don't know if He will. So many of us in this world are waiting for God to give us what we want, what we think we need...but He already gave us everything we will ever need. An amazing relationship with the God of the universe - and a comfort and hope when the things of this world fall apart.

Thank you, God, for your incredible gift of love and sacrifice. In the midst of this pain, I have joy in knowing what we are truly celebrating this Advent and Christmas season - Your coming, and Your love.

3 comments:

embieadoptmom said...

Beautifully said :)

Anonymous said...

Love you girl... and I am in awe of your continued Joy in this season!! I wish I had handled last year as well as you!!

Praying for you and miss you like crazy!!

Jen said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!