Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Friday, December 4, 2009

Five Question Friday

My Little Life

Okay, giving this a try for the very first time...been wanting to do this for a while, but always nervous to do it...guess I always figure my answers will be boring or not make sense...but I figure I've got to put my "real self" out there somehow. :)

1. Favorite gift you are GIVING this year?

The hubby and I hired our wedding photographer to do family photos of me, hubby, parents, brother, aunt (mom's side) and grandma (dad's side). They came out beautifully and we all had a great time getting the pics done! Can't share the rest because Mama reads this blog...at least I think she's still checking it out. :)

2. How many parties are you attending between now and Christmas?

Ummm.....I think there are at least 3, maybe more...and I'm hoping to have a girls' baking and Christmas movie night with Mama, SIL, niece and her girlfriends. :)

3. What is your favorite Christmas song?

WAY too many to choose from...but I LOVE "Oh Holy Night", "Carol of the Bells" and pretty much anything by Michael W. Smith, Amy Grant and Point of Grace - amazing Christmas albums.

4. Who was your favorite elementary school teacher and why?

I have two elementary teachers that can't be chosen between! My first grade teacher, Mrs. H.eyl. I actually went back and did my student teaching with her! My other was Mrs. K.irkham, my choir/music teacher. She gave me such a passion for music, performing and singing, and I kept in touch with her for years - we still catch up now and again, and I spent a few years teaching in the same district with her. It was an honor to work with both of these amazing women.

5. If you had a choice to live in any other period of time (other than now) what era would you choose and why?


I love learning and reading about other time periods...but one really catches my thoughts when wanting to actually try living there. The frontier days, just as the west was being settled - staking a claim, planting, growing, farming...trying things that are brand new to everyone....just a simpler life. I know, an insanely difficult time to live, but an amazingly fascinating time as well.

1 comment:

embieadoptmom said...

OH HOLY NIGHT-my favorite too!