Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our perfect afternoon...and newest additions to the collection

We put up and decorated our tree today....supposed to do it last night, but my itchiness and knee/neck pain was way too much, so I took some medication and zonked out.

This morning, hubby set up the tree, and this afternoon we put up the ornaments while listening to Christmas music and drinking eggnog (well, I was drinking it - hubby can't stand the stuff). It was a perfect afternoon.

And I was able to get out the new ornaments I bought. We have an extensive Christmas ornament collection, and I wanted something to remember our little snowflakes....

Photobucket

They are perfect. I was hoping to find one to put a picture of them in, but most of the ones I found were a little too gaudy for my taste. These little ornaments remind me perfectly of our precious embies. And a picture of hubby's mom hangs over them knowing she is in heaven there with them, waiting for us to come hom and see them one day.

God is good.

7 comments:

Jess said...

What a beautiful way to honor your little snowflakes. I love the ornaments.

embieadoptmom said...

Awesome ornaments. Great sentiment. Great that you will always have those to remind you of your sweet ones.

Erin said...

They are perfect!

twondra said...

That's so beautiful. I'm so glad you got those ornaments. Thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

Rachel said...

Awww, they are perfect! Love ya.

Jen said...

Where are you at, sweetie?

Kelly said...

I love those ornaments. Those lil embies are so intensely loved. Praying they feel that all the way to heaven.