A real dinner. Homemade spaghetti sauce, pasta, ground beef, bread...yum!
I don't know how to explain what a big deal this is. DH is feeling good enough for me to cook something with some flavor. Granted, I had to make the sauce without garlic or onions (which some of you would think is unforgivable in a sauce), but it is worth it. I feel like a wife - a real, honest to goodness wife.
For years, I have had to make the blandest, most boring things for DH to eat. No oneions, tomatoes, garlic, wheat, dairy...the list goes on.
And every once in a while, God grants DH a period of health. Right now, DH is on a prednisone - he obviously can't stay on steroids forever, but it has helped him feel SO much better. And so I get to cook. :) I absolutely love it.
I will never take making dinner for my husband for granted. And so tonight, I am thankful for the chance to make dinner - and even more excited for the chance to eat it soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment