Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Friday, July 17, 2009

Our Vacation!

We had such a nice time in San Diego. We checked into our hotel on Sunday afternoon. Even though I was sick that first afternoon/evening (it passed after the first day), we were so excited to see our hotel and the view! We were right across the street from a beautiful cliffside ocean view - it was gorgeous.

Our hotel:

Photobucket

The view:

Photobucket

On Monday we walked along the cliff near the beach for a while and took a few pictures (above). Then we drove down to Seaport Village to do a little shopping. It was nice, but a bit more of a drive than we expected. We took the coast highway most of the way down and could see the ocean for much of our drive - beautiful! That night we met C and C for dinner at Claim Jumper. C (girl) had moved to San Diego more than a year ago and married C (boy). We hadn't seen them since - it was so great to catch up! After dinner we went to Starbucks and spent quite a bit of time laughing and talking

C, C, Hubby and me:

Photobucket

Hubby during our cliffside beach walk:

Photobucket


On Tuesday, I went for a nice run on the beach - it was fantastic!! I came back and we enjoyed a late breakfast at the hotel (they had an amazing breakfast!). We went for a walk on the beach and took some great pictures (see below). Then hung out for a bit and met M. for a late lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. M. is a good friend I've worked a teen camp with for the past 4 years. Camp is cancelled for this year, so we were happy to see him. We sat right by the window and overlooked the harbor with the boats coming and going. We completely forgot to take a picture with M or the view! I was so bummed - but we had a great time visiting! After our late lunch, we drove out to the pier and walked around people watching until sundown. Hubby has those pictures, so I'll have to post those later. :)

Beach pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wednesday was our last full day at the hotel. I went for a long walk on the beach and Hubby hung out at the hotel. Later we went and laid by the pool for a couple of hours. Afterwards, we walked down to the beach and played in the waves for quite some time. It was FREEZING!!! We didn't take any valuables with us so we don't have any pictures, but we had a great time!! We came back and got ready for dinner with K, N and their little one. I haven't seen K for over 2 years, so it was great to catch up. We loved spending time with them and their little one is absolutely precious!!

Hubby, Me and Little H:

Photobucket

K and Me:

Photobucket

Precious Little H:
Photobucket

Playing with Little H:

Photobucket

Thursday morning Hubby slept in and I sat on the cliff overlooking the beach and read a book. I spent a lot of time in prayer, renewing my relationship with Him and praying for so many friends in need right now. It was amazing - and to top it all off...I saw dolphins swimming!!! It was incredible - such a wonderful end to the vacation!

I came back and ate a leisurely breakfast and then sat with Hubby while he ate his after he woke up. We packed up at our own pace and started the long drive back...

We had an incredible trip! It was just what we needed - I just can't believe it's over already! We both still have today off work, so that's nice. :) We are blessed!

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Great pictures!! It sounds like you had an awesome time!