Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Thursday, April 15, 2010

11 weeks today!

I am 11 weeks today!! In one week I get to stop the nasty progesterone medicine - it is really starting to wreak having with my body and my moods. I'm ready to be done!!

I'm feeling rather...ummm...BIG these days. I'm really not showing too much right now, but pants are definitely tighter and I only have one pair of jeans I can still squeeze into. I'm anxious to start looking more pregnant and less like I've packed on a few pounds. Right now I seem to have quite the "muffin top" going...





And of course, I'm praising God that we've made it almost to the end of the first trimester. Time has flown by!! I'm still in awe of what God has done.

11 weeks:
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

from ba.bycen.ter.com

11 comments:

Ashley said...

You look great!

AmyB said...

Congrats on your baby bump!!!!!

Bridgett and Matt said...

You really do look great!! I can totally tell you've got a baby bump!! I love it! You definitely do have the pregnancy glow!! I can't believe your this far along already...before you know it you'll be having the baby!! I can't wait!! Matt & I are so excited for you guys!!

Tara dS said...

Your "muffin top" is adorable! I can't believe it's 11 weeks already! It seems like only yesterday you were in the 2ww and everything was so stressful... and look at you now! Looking forward to our picnic!

Mandie said...

adorable as always!

embieadoptmom said...

Lookin TINY girl! So pretty!

Kerrie said...

Looking good! :-)

Aaron and Jennifer said...

I can't believe you're already 11 weeks! It really won't be too much longer now before you can find out the gender (if you're going to find out)! :)

Angela said...

You look adorable! I'm dreading 12 more weeks of shots already and only 3 days into it! But not complaining too much, because it will be so worth it! I love following your journey! So excited for you!

Heather said...

There's nothing more amazing than a baby in a womb! Can't wait for you to really start to show!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself! I'll be here following along and rooting for you!