I'll admit, part of me is anxious about stopping meds, but most of me is THRILLED to be done. I'm hoping now some of the nausea will begin to subside!
I've been going through some strange feelings lately...I've been keeping mostly to myself, staying home other than work and just being pretty introverted. I had a bit of a breakdown last night, just really struggling with some things.
There is a lot going on inside of me, and I know part of it is all these crazy hormones. But I sure hope I start feeling like myself again soon.
There is a part of me (and this is only part of what is running through my head) that cannot fathom the idea that this baby will really be coming home with us in November. I have had some dear friends lose their babies recently and they are right about as far along as me. Plus, the past few years of our life, while filled with tremendous blessings, have also been filled with heartache and pain. And it's hard to imagine that this is really happening and could have a happy ending come November.
I have started looking at baby stuff, but it almost feels like I am looking at it for someone else...
Ugh, I know this all makes me sound so ungrateful. And I am not - please trust me, I am more thankful than I could ever express in words for our miracle. It's just all so surreal.
And now....back to the happy smiley part. :) I am 12 weeks today, and I am wearing a pair of cute maternity capris that are oh so comfortable! I'm not really big enough persay for maternity, but they are SO much better than my tight waistlines! I'm pretty sure the maternity shirts won't fit me for another few weeks yet, but it is SO nice to feel like I can breathe again!
Here is me at 12 weeks:
And here is this week's development update. :)
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
9 comments:
I felt like that with Nathan too. It is totally normal. ((hugs)) Cute lil' belly!
you have rounded more since last week! I love it!!!! so cute heather!
Most likely you will begin to feel much better in a few days. Right around 12 weeks I got really depressed and moody. My OB told me that it was most likely the progesterone and once it is out of my system I should level off. He was right! About 4 days after I stopped I felt soooo much better! I hope that is the case for you as well.
GIRL-you look great! Love that belly! I TOTALLY relate to how you are feeling-I still can't believe I'm having one and I'm HUGE LOL! SO SURREAL! Blessings!
Hang in there! All those wacko thoughts and feelings are completely normal. Those little ones do some very strange things to your mind and body! :-) God has blessed you with a miracle, so just focus on that! They are SO worth all the issues you will face along the way! Your bump is TOO cute! Love ya!
I know how you feel- after everything you've been through, it sometimes doesn't seem like the happy ending really will come true. But it will! Hugs :)
Wow, you can really see the difference in those pictures! I don't think you sound ungrateful at all. I felt the same way with both of my kids. Since I had a miscarriage before I had Rachael and 2 before Luke. It took a while before I came to the realization that those babies really were going to make it.
LOVE those belly pics! So excited for you and can't wait to see this miracle baby!
You look beautiful!!! I love how motherhood glows on you :)
The fears of losing are normal. I've had late losses as well as m/c and it can be really scary. The biggest thing I told myself to get through the fears is #1--the Lord DOES provide even when the worst happens. He doesn't leave us alone but of course it's extremely difficult and NOT something anyone would ever want to live through! (poor Job...) and #2--MOST babies live and develop great--especially past such a huge milestone in PG. You are well on your way to a healthy, strong baby! Hang in there and much prayers!!
Post a Comment