Back in 2007, about 2 1/2 years into our IF journey, I found myself needing some in-person, I totally get it, this all really sucks support. I had some wonderful online support, but I just needed to know I wasn't alone here in my real life.
I had heard about Re.solve and its support groups before, but the last time I had looked, the closest one was across town. I was already nervous about going, and just didn't feel like making that trek.
When I checked again, however, a new group had started up just a few miles from me. I decided to bite the dust and go for it and I attended my very first support group meeting. Little did I know what incredible friendships I would make from this group, and that 2 1/2 years later, I would still be going (of course hoping all the way that the time would be much shorter than that...but God has His own plans!).
My first group meeting was just with the leader and one other gal. I know many of you read her blog, and if you do, you know just what an incredible person she is. After the first meeting, I couldn't wait to go again, and from there our little group group grew quickly! Before we knew it, there were 6 of us attending pretty consistently, and we each have our own unique stories.
We got together each month for our meetings and even got together halfway through meetings for lunch just to hang out with others who "get it". Now, 2 1/2 years later, here we are. March was the last month for the last 2 of us...and we have all officially "graduated" from this club that none of us wanted to be a part of in the first place.
Honestly, though, I couldn't think of better people to go through this crazy mess than these ladies. And now tomorrow, we will get together with each other (minus one gal who can't make it) and celebrate how far we have come. Between the 5 of us getting together, there are 7 babies/toddlers and one growing bump (mine!). They have come from all different places and journeys....adoption, embryo adoption, natural surprise pregnancies, IVF...and we have each crawled through our own valleys in the process.
I cannot wait for our little picnic get together tomorrow. What an amazing day this will be. While we don't see each other every month anymore, there is somehow a special bond that will always be there after how much we have shared and experienced together.
I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures of miracles to come! :)
1 comment:
Oh how wonderful!! I can't wait for details and pics!!
Post a Comment