Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2nd Beta in the morning and good news!

Well, I still don't feel very pregnant...instead I feel....fat. And bloated.

I am definitely not complaining! But I don't know how much of it is due to the pregnancy and how much is due to the fact that work has me stressed out and so I'm eating everything in sight! :)

I'm doing my best to keep water in me and to get enough protein and fiber...but I'm not restricting myself when something sounds good to eat. Just trying to keep it balanced.

**pg (not mine) mentioned**

And the best news of the night...a dear, dear friend found out tonight that she is pregnant!! I am SO incredibly thrilled for her, and I can't wait to go through this pregnancy with her. She and I have been a part of the same IF support group for a couple of years now, and here we are, both pregnant and due in November!! EEEKK!!!

I actually just had dinner with her and one of our other friends from our support group who just adopted 2 kiddos on Monday night (had the dinner, not she adopted). :) We had a great time, and we were all so anxious for her test today.

SO EXCITED!!! Gee, can you tell?!? The three of us have been part of this "club" for far too long, and we are all ecstatic to graduate!

Tomorrow morning is my second beta. I'm so ready!! I can't believe I've known I'm pregnant for a week now...what a whirlwind. Work has kept me so busy that the week has flown by (not to mention watching 3 kiddos all weekend!).

Oh, and 2 weeks from tomorrow is our first u/s!! I can't even imagine what that will be like.

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and support on my last post. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to hear your stories, your words of encouragement and your love come through your posts. It makes me feel so much calmer and more at peace, and I know God used you to help me get there.

Not to say I don't still have my moments of worry (that will never go away). But today I felt so peaceful reading over your responses again and just knowing God is in control.

I will GREATLY REJOICE in this miracle and I will not let my joy be stolen. We are pregnant! Hallelujah!

3 comments:

embieadoptmom said...

SO THRILLED for you! Can't wait to hear about your rising beta tomorrow :)

Jen said...

I'm so happy for you and your friends!!!

Kerrie said...

Can't wait to hear your results!!