I didn't realize it had been almost a week since I last posted. I have fallen into the deep, dark, black hole known as work. I don't know when I'll get to climb out again, but I'm hoping to be so caught up by Friday that I can really enjoy my spring break without taking care of tons of papers and catch up work that never really seems to actually get caught up. So two more days of my black hole and then freedom for a week!
What's happening with baby this week:

This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.
(from b.abycenter.com)
How I am feeling:
WONDERFUL!! I am exhausted much of the time, and I want to eat most of the day. I've also been getting a bit more emotional and irritable (and DH is being fantastic about dealing with me - what a man I have).
So far, I've been completely blessed with no morning sickness and I feel great! In fact, there are times when I have to sit back and remember all over again that I. AM. PREGNANT.
Sometimes I almost wish I would feel worse just to know things are going okay (CRAZY, aren't I?!?), but then I remind myself that there are many women who have perfectly healthy pregnancies without getting sick or having a ton of symptoms. I am thanking God every day for this blessing and miracle and enjoying every moment of it!
Edited to add my 6 week belly pic....trying to keep it all organized so I can come back to it later. :)
6 comments:
Woo-hoo for 6 weeks!! Your due date will be here before you know it and you'll have that little miracle in your arms at last!
Enjoy not having ms while you can. I didn't get it until after 8 weeks, I've heard that it's more common to get it after 8 or 9 weeks. Hopefully you'll be lucky and not have it.
I still get teary-eyed every time I read that you're pregnant. I think I was around 7 weeks each time when the morning sickness started.
It sounds like you already have some great symptoms!
Don't worry, you still have 36 weeks left to feel tired and achy and nauseous. I'm sure you'll get to experience at least some of that along the way!!! Glad you are enjoying learning about the baby's development as you go.
Congratulations! I've also had to be more present at work lately, too, so I've been an awful commenter!! Praying for you!
so happy to hear that all is well! when i was pregnant with my son i had NO symptoms whatsoever! like you, i had to constantly remind myself that i was indeed pregnant. thanks for sharing your journey! April
Post a Comment