Our very first-ever ultrasound. We will get to see our baby, our miracle for the first time.
I am a bundle of mess. Nausea has started kicking in the past few days and I woke up feeling pretty sick. Carbs really seem to help, and this morning it was Lucky Charms calling my name. I have never been one to buy sugary cereals, but right now I have Lucky Charms, Corn Pops and Apple Jacks all sitting in my house!
I have a busy morning, which is good because our ultrasound isn't until the middle of the afternoon.
I don't know how I feel about the u/s itself. Part of me is so incredibly excited....another part is completely nervous...and another part has put up the "just in case this doesn't go well" wall of numbness.
Like I said, a mess. But, I'm doing my best to give this baby to God every time the fear or numbness sets in and trust that He knows what He is doing. This chid is ultimately His, though I am praying as hard as I can that this babe is here to stay for many, many years.
I hope it doesn't come off like I am ungrateful or not thankful for this babe. I love this little one more than I ever thought possible, and I know that love will intensify a hundred-fold after our ultrasound this afternoon. I'm just so anxious to know everything is okay!
And I know I don't have any reason to think things won't be okay...except for the many friends I have known who have lost little ones when it seemed everything was perfect.
Now, after purging my range of emotions, I'm determined to stay as positive as possible today. And with that, I will sign off and will be back later with a WONDERFUL update of our litte bean. :)
3 comments:
Can't wait to see your little bundle! Praying all goes well!
This first one is so exciting yet terrifying at the same time. Praying for you today!!
Good luck!!! How funny- I was addicted to Lucky Charms at a point in my pregnancy too :-) It's the only thing that sounded good!
Post a Comment