Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Thursday, March 4, 2010

5 weeks today!!

Praising God for making it to 5 weeks! I got my blood drawn today, but it has to be sent out instead of having the HCG done at the clinic. I guess my HCG is supposed to be higher now than the machine at the clinic can test for, so they have to send it out. I'll get the results tomorrow. So for now...more waiting. I'm getting pretty good at that. :)

Today, my baby is the size of a sesame seed, and looks more like a tiny tadpole that a human. The big development this week: My baby's brain is beginning to grow! It develops from the neural tube, a structure that will also spawn my baby's spinal cord, nerves and backbone. In the meantime, the primitive placenta and umbilical cord, which deliver nourishment and oxygen to your baby, are already on the job.

(taken from b.abycenter.com)

And now....my first ever "belly shot". Not much to see yet, but it will be fun to compare down the line. By the way, I am extremely conscious about my body , so posting a shot of my bare belly is NOT an easy thing for me to do!

8 comments:

Amy Prikazsky said...

Congrats! Keep taking those belly shots! You will love looking back at them;0)

amy[www.theprikazskys.com]

embieadoptmom said...

Heather,

You're so pretty! I too, took a 5 week shot that I didn't post. I still haven't taken any with bare belly, guess I need to :) Can't wait to hear your results tomorrow

JEN

AmyB said...

Belly pictures!!!!!!! how exciting!!! I can't wait to watch it grow!!!

Tara dS said...

You look awesome! Glad things are still going smoothly...

Mandie said...

YAy!!!! You look lovely, mama!!! :)

Kerrie said...

I love the very first belly pic! I can't wait to see you with a great big baby belly!!!

Bridgett and Matt said...

Congrats!! You look great! I'm so excited for you both!! :)

Ashley said...

You are so cute! I love belly pics! Keep em' coming.