Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Monday, March 1, 2010

Is this real...??

This all seems so unbelievable. I wake up every day and realize all over again that I am indeed....pregnant.

I don't have a lot of symptoms. I feel fat and bloated, and I'm a little tired if I sit still too long. But to me, that's normal! :)

I had a couple waves of nausea today and I was grateful...sounds silly, I know! But I just want to FEEL pregnant.

Please don't think I am complaining. I know that it is a wonderful thing not to be terribly sick or have a ton of crazy symptoms. But it's hard to really believe yet because of my lack of symptoms!

I am about 4.5 weeks pregnant and will be 5 weeks on Thursday, the day of my second beta. I think that's the other thing...my clinic doesn't do a 48 hour second beta. They say they have found that often the numbers don't quite double in time and it causes fear and confusion on part of the patient. So they do a beta at 10 days past transfer (though mine was 8 days and I'm not sure why), and then again a week later. They look to see levels at a certain level by that time. The first one last week they wanted about 50 (I was 67.5). This Thursday they want me to be over 800.

I have my first ultrasound 2 weeks from this Thursday....I hope time flies, but I doubt it will. :)

I know I still need to fill everyone in on the day we found out....but I've hardly been at my computer since the big day. I had one of my BFF's 3 littles this weekend while she and her DH were out of town. They were adorable but I was exhausted by the end of the weekend. It was fun, though!

More to come soon! :) Right now, still just giving God all of the glory for this amazing miracle.

7 comments:

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Enjoy feeling well while you can! :) I've heard that pregnancy sickness doesn't really kick-in until about 6 weeks. That's what I've heard anyway...I wouldn't know for myself having never been preggo.

twondra said...

Absolutely thrilled for you! You give me hope. :) Thank you for that. :)

NatashaC said...

Hi Heather,
I am so happy for you! Enjoy the next week or so while you are symptom free. With both my pregnancies it hit me right at the 6 week mark :) You'll be there before you know it!

The D Family said...

SO very happy for you!!

Tara dS said...

Ha ha, I know you will be smiling while you are barfing... :)

Heather said...

I wonder if you tested early because you had 5-6 day embryos, am I correct? 3 day embies I'm guessing they would wait two more days to test. Just a guess, I dunno. Regardless, you're pg! PTL!

Heather said...

Tara - I sure will!

Heather - I'm not sure...when we transferred 2 5 day embies in November, my test was 10dp5dt. This time it was 8. I'm going to have to ask my clinic just to satisfy my curiosity! :)

Twondra - Thank you, sweetie. If God is using my story to give others hope, that is my ultimate desire.

Natasha and Aaron - Sounds like I'll treasure this next week and a half then. :)

Rachel and The D Family - Thank you!! :) It's all so surreal so much of the time.