Ever feel like you just don't quite belong? Like you think you have a group of friends, or even several groups of friends, but somehow still feel left out of the "in" group all at the same time?
I hate that feeling. It's so strange to still feel that way after so many years and after being an adult for so long. In high school, I had that feeling a lot. I had a ton of friends, but always felt that I was missing out on some "inner circle" connection.
I've grown up a lot since then, and my self-confidence has tripled (I didn't have much back then but put on a good show). I feel more secure in who I am, what I believe and that my friends truly do like me and want me in their life.
But every now and again, those feelings of doubt come in. Feelings that I must be annoying to people, or that I'm just not quite "cool" enough. They creep in slowly and before I know it, I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach like I'm more of a "bother" to certain people than a friend.
Like I said, I know who I am, I like who I am and I love the life I have. I just hate it when those low self-worth feelings start to come back. And I will continue to push through them and remind myself just how valuable I am in the eyes of God. But I sure hope they go away again soon.
6 comments:
I've felt it! I think Satan plants those thoughts in our minds to try and distract us from what we know is the Truth. I've been battling with them all week. Thanks for sharing your feelings!
Praying God will lift you up this weekend.
I know exactly how you feel. Im feeling the same way alot lately! Its hard to get past those thoughts too! If you ever want to talk let me know!
For me I have felt like there is some club to which I am denied membership. For a long time I couldn't be part of the mommy club. Now that our adoption is in process, I still don't really feel like I belong with the mommies. But I also feel like I'm going to be kicked out of the infertility club. Not that anyone would voluntarily sign up for that club, but at least it was full of people who understood what I was going through. I think we all feel that way from time to time. This, too, shall pass.
I definitely feel that way, but I think it's true since they started a new group without me, LMBO!
I consider you a friend and your struggles are not a bother to me! Plus I think we have so much in common that we can relate on other levels.
(((HUGS)))
I hope you don't ever feel that way in our little group. I love each of you and miss you each so much.
But yep, I've felt it too at different times with different groups.
Sending you love!
Thanks everyone :) This post was really a general post of how I felt at the time...I just get into these funks sometimes where my self esteem plumments...but then God reminds me that I'm His daughter and there is nothing better than to be loved by the King! :) Love you all!
Post a Comment