Some of it can't be written down, at least not for everyone to see. I am really, really struggling with some loved ones in my life, and while they don't have this blogging address, I don't want them to someday see it and feel attacked. I love them dearly, but I am hurting deeply and I don't have words that would come out right at this time...
I'm going to try to get back to blogging and somehow let all of that go, but it's what is inside me right now - and that's what I've always written. What is in my heart, what is going on within my soul. Any prayers you want to lift up for the situation would be SO much appreciated.
Let's see...in other news, we had a wonderful Christmas day. I really enjoyed time with my husband, parents, brother and his girlfriend. It was an adult only day (there are no grandkids yet) and it was nice just to spend time together.
For the first time since we started dating, we did not go to our annual midnight service across town. I'm still a little bummed about that, but hubby was tired and I was just...sad. I missed my babies and it was a night of a lot of tears for me.
Following Christmas, we got busy FINALLY painting the "purple room". When we bought this house, the room was painted purple (previously a little girls' room). At the time, we were so sure it would be a nursery soon that we decided to wait to decorate it. We painted the office, our bedroom, the front room...but not the purple room. Five years go by and it becomes a storage room of nothingness. It had the makings of a craft room and a music room at one point, but it never really materialized.
We were having friends over to spend the night on New Year's Eve, so I decided it was time. We painted the room last week, hung curtains and cleaned out all of the junk. It's now a beautiful room with an oversized chair from our living room. I absolutely love the room and it is perfect as a little getaway for my morning and evening devotions. I can shut the door and have my own private sanctuary.
* Side note - we had a fantastic adults only New Year's Eve party complete with a great dinner at Outback Steakhouse, playing games and just hanging out with amazing friends and family. It was a huge blessing of a night and a great way to ring in the New Year! Hubby and I got engaged 5 years ago on New Year's Eve, so this was a special way to celebrate!
I wish I had a before pic from the purple room (which it will continue to be called even though it isn't purple anymore...) but the only one we have is from when the other family still lived here and that is on a different hard drive. So for now here are the "after" pics of my new little corner...

We also FINALLY put up curtains on our windows - we've always had blinds, but they looked so cold and impersonal. We now have rich chocolate curtains with a pretty beige crushed voile that let's the light in during the day. I LOVE them. And best of all, the vertical blinds are GONE from the arcadia door!!!


We also hung a new mirror and some photo collages of our family in the hallway, and got rid of a lot of "stuff" so our shelves, etc, look a lot more simple and not so over crowded...I love it.
It is really nice to have this stuff done. Which brings us to our next dilemma...when to do our next transfer. I think I'll save that for another post, however, as that is a rather large debate in my head that takes some more explanation than I have in me right now....
Hugs, all. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. If you're reading, would you leave a note to let me know you're still around? I hope some of you are still stopping by now and again, and I promise to be a more faithful blogger.
17 comments:
Heather-
SO GLAD to read your post. I've been wondering how you are doing. Your house looks fantastic! and it sounds like you've had some REALLY SPECIAL time with friends, family and your hubby! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Jen
I'm still following your blog and excited to hear about your plans for your next transfer!
Jennifer :)
I am still reading Heather.
Hi! Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas and New Year!
I'm stil here waiting with you on your journey. God bless you both in 2010!
I'm here. Your room looks beautiful! It's funny, we had a guest room that I recently redecorated as a child's room, in hopes of a child joining our family soon. Well, hopefully you'll be re-decorating again for a baby and I won't have to paint over my bright green accent wall. See you soon.
BTW, I am a much worse blogger than you- sometimes I take weeks off at a time and I find that people still keep up to date anyway!
So good to hear from you!! The room and curtains look great!!!
Miss Heather....
Sweetie....I will most definately be sending some prayers your way! I have not been around much either but always have you and Rodney in my thoughts! I hope that 2010 brings you the best! Hugs hun!
Tami
I'm always here my dear. Always.
((hugs))
So glad to see you post sweetie. I can't imagine what you're going through. Thinking of you. (((HUGS)))
So glad to see you back! I was wondering how it was going. Still praying for you everyday! The new room looks nice!
I do follow your blog. :)
Your purple room looks really homey and inviting! Great job!
I'll be praying for you!
Hey sweetie, just wanted to let you know that I am still around and that I am still thinking of you and think of you always, that room looks amazing and I feel everyone should have there own little space to themselves. bless you hun for all you have been through. may the lord bless you always and may prayers be with you. Hugs
hey heather...been thinking about you!
I'll always be here...
The room looks lovely! I love all the changes that you've done! It looks beautiful!!
~Bridgett
Still around! Still prayin!
Post a Comment