Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Saturday, January 9, 2010

Training

Those who don't know me probably don't know that I've been training for a half marathon this month. I started back before our transfer, but then had to put it off for a while so I could go through the actual transfer itself. After the transfer was not successful, I was too bummed to get back into it...but in December it was time again. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it since the marathon was January 17th.

I started running 3 miles at the gym and quickly worked my way back up to 5 miles. I've now been out for a couple of 8 mile runs with my parents and today I pulled off 10 miles!!! Woot! I'm so excited. :)

The marathon is a week from tomorrow and I can't believe I'm actually going to do this. It's pretty surreal - 13.1 miles seems like quite a daunting task. But it feels good to know I will overcome such a goal.

I can't wait to let you all know how it goes next week! Right now, I need a shower! :)

6 comments:

RELH said...

Wow! That takes some guts and commitment.

Tara dS said...

I'll be out there cheering for some other folks I know who are running the race. I'll keep an eye out for you if you let me know your pace. You will love it! What an accomplishment!

Maria H. said...

WAY TO GO, GIRLIE!!!! I'm impressed! I can't get my lazy backside off the couch. :-) Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Rachel said...

You go girl!

Erin said...

Way to go!

Bridgett and Matt said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to hear about how the marathon went!!