My parents and I ran together the first 4 miles or so, and then I pulled ahead a bit. I felt bad, but I was feeling really good and wanted to go faster. I got into my groove and was making great time. Unfortunately, my left knee started hurting about mile 9 and I had to slow it down a bit. BUT, through tons of prayer and God pulling me along, I FINISHED and I finished STRONG! I was so incredibly excited. :)
I finished in 2 hours and 32 minutes...and my goal was 2 1/2 hours. SO close to my goal!! I'll take it, though! For my first half marathon I'm thrilled just to finish! :)
Here is a pic of us after our race - we all finished strong and we all had a fantastic time! My grandma, brother and his girlfriend were there to cheer us on and it was great to have their support.

Mom, Dad and Grandma:

Brother and his girlfriend - our drivers! :)

Afterwards, we tried to leave but were stuck in the parking garage thanks to an accident. So we WALKED (are you kidding me, people?!?) over to Chili's to get something to eat. I had a chicken quesadilla...note to self: When splurging on a meal when out to eat, NEVER look up the nutrition information. It was horrific to see what I had just shoved down my throat! But wow, was it good! :)
I've worked out once since the half marathon. Yep, ONCE. Time to get back in the saddle of exercise once Monday comes around. Looking forward to it and dreading it all at the same time. :)
Okay, more posts to come soon...I have way too much to catch up on!
5 comments:
GREAT JOB, HEATHER!!!!! I have been waiting to see how it went. You did AMAZING!!!
WAY TO GO! Maybe someday.... :)
Awesome job!
I'm so proud of you and how cool is that to do with your parents?!!!
Congratulations!!! That is fantastic that you came so close to your goal! And great that you could take advantage of one of the best things about running... which is eating whatever you darn well want! :)
Post a Comment