Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Thursday, January 14, 2010

T-3 Days

So I'm 3 days away from the biggest run of my life. I can't believe I'm about to get out there with tens of thousands of people and run 13.1 miles for FUN. Never thought I'd say that. But I am truly looking forward to it!

I think it's something I KNOW I can accomplish. All this infertility stuff over the past 5 years has left me with a feeling that I'm a bit of a failure...even when embryos are placed inside my womb, my body can't figure out what to do with them!! We've tried and tried and tried and haven't been successful.

But THIS....this is something I can do! I have two legs that let me move, and while they may not move all that fast, they WILL reach that finish line. And it will feel great to have accomplished it.

Thanks for all of the cheering and encouragement - we're getting close now!!

ETA - During my quiet time this morning, God really convicted me - HE is the one who gives me the strength and ability to run. HE is the one who protects me from injury and HE is the one who will help me finish the race this weekend - so even I will be the one crossing the finish line, He will be right there by my side, pushing me to the end and cheering for me when I reach the end. And for that I am forever grateful.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

It's so cool that you are doing this. :) You are inspiring.

twondra said...

Good luck!! I hope you do well!

Heather said...

Good for you! I grew Dahlias while going through the IF process. In fact, I still do!