For my mom's birthday, my aunt and I took her to the zoo not too far from us. I had 4 free passes I had won YEARS ago on the radio. We weren't sure if they were still going to be good, but there wasn't an expiration date, so we took them just in case. And they let us use them!! Considering this zoo is now $26 a person, we were thrilled to have free passes!
It was a cold, wet day at the zoo, but that meant it was empty and all the animals were out because it wasn't so hot that they had to hide. We had a great time! :)
The white tigers were beautiful!

The reason for visiting the zoo was the brand new aquarium that opened a few months ago. Both my mom and I are huge sea life lovers and we were excited to see the fish, sharks, penguins (my aunt LOVES "pengins" as we call them)...it's all so beautiful!
A huge CEILING of fish swam above us!

The "pengins" - aunt's favorite!

The seahorses were SO cute!

Starfish - they were clinging to the side but bent backwards to get oxygen...the suction cups on the bottom are their "legs" and they can use them to breathe.

The shark tank we sat directly in front of while we dined on a cheese tray and chicken wraps (YUM) and celebrated Mom's birthday a little early.

So glad we got to spend the day together!
2 comments:
Cute pictures Heather! And thanks for finding my blog... I've been jealous of all you great bloggers forever!! SO I plan to *try* to keep up!! ;-)
It's wonderful that all three of you could have a day together!! I'm so glad you two could enjoy it!! The zoo pictures are great!!!
Post a Comment