Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bed Rest....

Well, I suppose it's a good thing I'm on bed rest these few days, because I have also managed to get sick...

After getting home from transfer yesterday, my cough picked up as did the congestion, drainage, etc...fun fun. Thankfully, I was able to sleep through the night pretty well. The worst of the eye-watering, nose-running, coughing, etc, seems to come and go. It's not the worst thing ever, but I'm glad I'm already not working so I can hopefully kick it in the rear before I go back to work next week.

Today I've watched some TV, started re-reading the first H.arry P.otter book (LOVE that series), slept, watched some of the Olympics that hubby recorded for me yesterday...and SHOWERED. That was glorious - I felt like a new person.

Oh...and I've eaten. A TON!! Thankfully, it's been healthy. But when I get bored, I eat...and that's what bed rest will do to you.

Hopefully, I'll be pregnant at the end of all of this and it won't matter! And if not, the treadmill and I will have to get re-acquainted quickly.

I keep staring at this beautiful, precious picture of my babe sitting in front of me. I can't get over it...right before my eyes, this little life is developing and growing. A miracle - it doesn't get any more miraculous than this, folks. And I am in awe of God's hand on this little life.

“For You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well.” Psalm 139: 13-14

2 comments:

embieadoptmom said...

WONDERFUL HEATHER!! Did you remember to eat your pineapple core? :)

Heather said...

I didn't have a pinneapple core (I hadn't even heard of that until yesterday!), but I've been drinking pure pinneapple juice regularly. :)