Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Saturday, November 14, 2009

A bit of sadness and tons of excitement

Today would have been my Grandpa's 80th birthday. For those who don't know, he passed away on October 4th (just over a month ago) from complications due to Alzheimer's. I miss him so much...

This morning there just happens to be a 3 mile walk for Alzheimer's downtown. My mom, dad, brother, his girlfriend and aunt are all walking. I want to be there SO badly. My entire family is walking together in honor of my grandpa and I can't be there. I texted Mom to let her know this morning, and she so sweetly encouraged me and let me know she would be there in spirit.

Of course, they still do not know we are PUPO. They are finding out this afternoon, when they all come over to remember my grandpa and celebrate my aunt's birthday. I posted about this here.

That is where the excitement comes in! I am so saddened in missing my grandpa and wishing I was with my family this morning, but I CANNOT WAIT to see my family this afternoon and give them all their frames with our babies' picture in it!! They turned out so great, and I know it is going to be so exciting! :)

My brother also created a surprise slideshow for my parents and aunt honoring my grandpa - he did such an amazingly fantastic job. I am so proud of him and how thoughtful he can be!

I'll let you know how today goes. I'm such a crazy mix of emotions today - happy, sad, ecstatic, nostalgic - it just goes all over the place.

But then I think about the babies' that are hopefully burrowing and snuggling into their mama right now, and I feel nothing but joy. :)

2 comments:

embieadoptmom said...

GROW BABIES GROW! What a great way to remember your grandpa and know that where one life has been taken, 2 are being created! God is good!

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!!!