Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Friday, November 13, 2009

Look at this!!!

When I talked to my embryologist yesterday afternoon, she said that necrotic (learned how to spell it!!) cells are basically dead cells.

Tonight while I can't sleep I really wanted to know what necrotic meant - were they actually dead? Were they just headed that way?

So of course I turned to G o o g l e :)

necrosis /ne·cro·sis/ (nĕ-kro´sis) pl. necro´ses [Gr.] the morphological changes indicative of cell death caused by progressive enzymatic degradation; it may affect groups of cells or part of a structure or an organ.

These cells are NOT dead!! They are indicative of death and may affect groups of cells.

So that miracle is so very possible that my baby could look fantastic this morning!! KEEP PRAYING!!!

Well...I may have spoken too soon. It does look like necrotic cells are in the process of dying or are pretty much already dead...but I know that God is the God of life and death and am trusting Him to do His good and perfect will, whatever that may be.

3 comments:

AmyB said...

I'm praying for you Heather!!! I can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy!

embieadoptmom said...

God is good! All the time!

Jen said...

I hope and pray you heard WONDERFUL news this morning!!! Hope the transfer was very smooth and you are pregnant with multiples!!!

Hugs!!!