Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Friday, November 13, 2009

Presenting...

First things first...to God be the Glory FOREVER and EVER!!! On our way to the clinic this morning, our embryologist called and told me that when she got there this morning, BOTH embryos looked FANASTIC (those were her words!!). She said the one she thought might not survive DID survive and was growing and thriving. Praise God! I broke down in tears in the car. GOD HEALED OUR EMBRYO!! The baby that the embryologist thought would be a goner, that "didn't look good" - our baby was fine! And the other still looked great too!

We did not need to thaw our third embryo, so we will have that for another transfer another time!! AND we have two healthy, wonderful, perfect babies on board!!

So without further ado...

Our babies!!

Photobucket

Aren't they beautiful? Absolutely gorgeous - I can't stop staring at them.

Everything this morning went perfectly - so smoothly I couldn't have dreamed it any better. We got to the clinic nice and early, and then the acupuncturist got there. They took us to our room and she started the treatment. DH hung out with me in the room and we just talked and chatted during the treatment session, and then the needles were taken out.

By this time I had to pee worse than I think I've ever had to pee in my life - I followed the exact directions they gave me for drinking, but I knew I was going to have to let some out...there was no way they were going to do anything in that area without me peeing all over them if I didn't get to go. Sure enough, the nurse checked me and said I was way too full. I went to let some out, but they made me pee into a little cup!! I had to fill the cup twice and then stop. And let me tell you, it is NOT easy to pee in a cup when you're a girl! It was not pretty and I scrubbed my hands forever afterwards.

I went back, and we were set to go! My Dr. came in, got everything ready, and when everything was in place, they called for the embryologist. She brought the embyros in and they put them in. She went back, checked to make sure they cleared the tube under the microscope, and viola - I was officially knocked up! As soon as they were gone, and I was laying on the table in such a lovely position, DH took my first picture as a "knocked up" wife. :)

I had a follow-up acupuncture treatment, then I laid there for about 45 minutes after the transfer. Seriously, if they didn't let me pee soon I was going to hurt someone - thankfully, she came in and said I could go!

They gave me post-transfer instructions, and wheeled me out to the car. We stopped for food, and I am now sitting on the couch enjoying my princess status.

It is so special to see hubby coming around asking how I'm doing, getting me anything I need and just so concerned about me and the babies. What an amazing man.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all who were praying for us this morning and throughout the past weeks and even years. God listens to the prayers of His people and I am so thankful for all of you. Tears come to my eyes when I think of the power of prayer and the way God takes time to listen to His children. I am forever grateful.

And now, I think I will lay around some more...maybe later eat some food...watch some movies...and thoroughly enjoy this weekend and my PUPO status. :)

Thank you, Lord, for your amazing love, grace and mercy!

16 comments:

Jess said...

I am crying as I read your post! Our God is amazing! How wonderful that both embies not only survived, but thrived. Can't wait to hear that you have 2 pink lines!!!!

Erin said...

I am in tears reading this! I am so happy for you and can't wait until you test!

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

You are now, and forevermore will be, Mommy of two beautiful babies. Rejoicing with you!!! Praise the Lord!

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

P.S. You already were their Mommy from the moment of adoption, and you are Mommy to their sibling-in-waiting as well. Just excited for you that as of now you are actually PREGNANT too! :D

embieadoptmom said...

Sounds like EVERYTHING IS PERFECT! Rest up and eat! I'll bet you are tired! Praying for those babies to snuggle right in where they belong! HUGS!

Rachel said...

Yayayayayayayayay!!!!! I'm so happy for you, Princess PUPO Heather. SO happy. Mommy! :)

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Praising God for His goodness in healing your sweet baby! Yay! :)

Kristi said...

Oh Heather!!! I'm so happy for you and Rodney that I could just burst! God is so great! I can't wait to see you as a mommy, hon. Those children have the best gift ever having you as their mother!

Mandie said...

WOOOOHOOO!!! I am so happy for you!!! Think you will POAS??? :)

Enjoy your rest!

Shannon said...

SO happy for you Heather!

RELH said...

I am so glad both made it to transfer. They are fighters! I can't wait to hear more good news in the coming days!

Maggie said...

Oh Heather I am so happy for you. Your embies are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Heather!! God is truly amazing! I hope you are enjoying your rest time:)

Anonymous said...

they are stunning!! i too am in tears.. i love your excitement.. I love that you too will experience all of the wonderful things!!

April said...

How wonderful! They look perfect especially for being frozen! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear more wonderful news! Hugs and prayers for those precious embies!

andrea said...

oh my goodness!! i have chills!!
what an awesome post!
God is good all the time!
your babies are beautiful!