Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Thursday, November 12, 2009

I think I feel like a mother...

They started thawing my precious embies this afternoon. I have been thinking of them and praying over them all day. They thawed 2 of them this afternoon and I got the call from the embryologist late this afternoon.

One of the embryos looks great - all of the cells have survived (she seriously used the word ALL), the embryo has a great integrity and shape and has expanded nicely. Thank you, Lord - I am so grateful.

The other embryo isn't doing so well. :( He or she has several neucrotic (sp?) cells - basically, dead cells. There are still some living cells, which excites me. But she said the integrity of this embryo isn't nearly as good, either. Not only are there the not-so-good cells, but the shape isn't great and it is not expanding well so far. Lord, please help my baby.

I do love my clinic and this embryologist...she is going to let them sit overnight and see how they look in the morning. If the 2nd one still doesn't look good, she will call me and let me make the call on thawing the third embie or not. LOVE HER. No matter what, we aren't discarding (I hate that term!) any embryos - so if we do thaw the 3rd one, we'd be putting three back...

I know God is in complete control over this and I just want to praise Him for even giving modern medicine the technological advances and abilities to even DO this - it is incredible. We are so in love with these babies and already care for them and worry over them so deeply.

I am overjoyed that one of my babies is looking so great - but deeply saddened that the other is not looking so well tonight. Would you please pray that God might give this little one life if that is His will? And that we might have 2 good embryos to transfer tomorrow morning?

6 comments:

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Praying for your precious babies! :)

RELH said...

Fingers crossed for you!

Jess said...

It is amazing how attached you become to the embryos, isn't it? I will be praying that the second embryo will grow and be healthy for the transfer.

twondra said...

You sound so much like me and how I would be feeling about our precious babies. I will definitely be praying sweetie. That little baby is a fighter. :) :)

Mandie said...

Just remember my story sweetie. We only had two embryos from our entire cycle. One looked great and one looked not so good. One of those turned out to be our precious Nathan.

It only takes one. But I will be thinking good thoughts for your second embie to pull through. ((hugs))

Rachel said...

Praying for your precious babies! :)