Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Sunday, November 8, 2009

Healing...

To piggy back off of my previous post, Angie wrote an incredible post the other day. It was about healing, faith and the willingness to trust God with whatever healing He has in store for us.

Read Angie's Post Here

I long to be pregnant. I long for a healthy pregnancy. I long to feel my baby, or babies, kicking and moving inside of me.

I long for my sweet husband to be healthy. This is probably my biggest earthly longing ever. He has been sick for so many years, and it has changed our life so much. I've been waiting...I've been praying...I've been hoping. And sometimes I get so tired. I have nothing left to give, I'm empty.

And that's when I realize that, yet again, I've lost sight of God's question:

"Do you believe I make him well? Do you trust me?"

I forgot, Lord. I'm so sorry - of course I believe that you can. And yes, I trust you. And I know that this life isn't about things working out the way we WANT them to, but trusting that You are working them out the way that is BEST for us and that will bring You the glory. And that is what we are here for.

So yes, Lord. I believe that you CAN do anything. You CAN give us a pregnancy, a healthy one, and bring our babies home to us next year. I believe that you CAN heal my amazing husband and give him the health that he hasn't experienced in 13 years.

And I also know that sometimes, these difficult circumstances exist to grow our faith. To deepen our dependence on You. And to give us the chance to show others Your love and Your grace.

I know that one day, someday, we'll be with you. And any babies we've lost will be there waiting for us, and I'll have the chance to hold them in my arms. And I know that he will finally be healthy, Lord. He'll be able to see the incredible sights he's always wanted to travel and see. He'll be able to experience life to its absolute fullest - and I can't wait to see the joy in his eyes when he is no longer tied down by illness or pain. What an amazing place heaven will be, Lord. I can't wait.

But for now, we trust. We love you, we trust you, and we believe that you love us more deeply than we could possibly imagine. Thank you, Lord. We don't deserve it, but we are so humbled, so grateful, and so beyond blessed by this life you have given us together.

No comments: