Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our Perfect Day...

Thank you to all who have been so anxious and excited to hear how things went yesterday! Honestly, we couldn't have asked for a better day - it all went SO well.

The morning was spent with just hubby and I, and he did such a fantastic job of taking care of me, cleaning up the house and getting everything ready. He took care of EVERYTHING I would normally do to have people over - checked the bathrooms, vacuumed, lit the candles, set up the extra table...on and on. All while I laid on the couch and he brought me anything I needed. :) What a great man!

The pizza and my family all got here right around 1:00 - we were starving, so we scarfed yummy pizza, salad that my mom brought, and fruit salad that my brother's girlfriend made. It was delish!

At this point, no one had any idea that I had the transfer. Hubby kept taking care of everything, bringing me food at the table, etc, and they just thought he was the sweetest thing. :) Which he is, of course!

Anywho...afterwards, we went into the living room and gave my aunt her birthday presents. At the end, I gave out the Christmas ornaments that I had gotten with my grandpa's picture - they were perfect.

Stock photo (no, that is NOT my grandpa!):

Photobucket

My brother created an AMAZING slide show of my grandpa put to the music of the University of Michigan fight song - that's where my grandpa went to school. My brother and his friend had written an arrangement of the song and recorded it themselves - it was beautiful. There were so many great pictures of my grandpa and my mom, dad and aunt were so touched by the slideshow.

Afterwards, I handed out the frames to everyone, all wrapped up. I sat on the couch as they opened them and suddenly there were shouts of "WHAT?!?" and "Oh my gosh!!" and "WOW!!!". I explained that we had the transfer on Friday and everyone was in tears (which we all had just FINISHED doing after the slideshow!). My aunt ran to me and threw her arms around me, crying nonstop - it was the sweetest thing. My mom was in complete shock and tears, and so was my dad. Seeing their reactions was priceless. My bro was excited, too.

It was so perfect - they were all so happy and excited and kept waiting on me hand and foot afterwards. :) It couldn't have gone any better! We all hung out the rest of the afternoon and played dominoes (all while I was sitting down!) and just enjoyed our time together.

It was so great to share with my family...it meant the world to me to see how happy they were for us. Now to just get through this next bit of time until we have our pregnancy test!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I am so very happy for you!!!

Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

:D that was perfect!! definitly brought tears of happiness to my eyes!!!

Mandie said...

Sounds wonderful!!

embieadoptmom said...

Sounds like a super fabulous day! Hugs to you friend! You will get your + VERY SOON!