Our Journey through Infertility and Embryo Adoption


Thursday, November 12, 2009

This weekend

So far, no one IRL knows we are doing this transfer tomorrow (still whispering...seems like if I say it loud, it might not come true). That's not true, I guess - there are a couple people at work who know because I'll be missing most of Friday.

BUT...no one else knows. Our closest friends and family know we are doing embryo adoption (and so does anyone who asks if we are ever going to start having kids...after I get over wanting to punch them in the head, I tell them our amazing story), but no one knows it is happening tomorrow.

So...Friday is the transfer, then I'll be home on princess status the rest of the weekend. But Saturday would be my grandpa's 80th birthday. I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss him. My aunt's birthday is the 19th and we've always celebrated Grandpa and my aunt's birthday together. So, I invited everyone to my house on Saturday afternoon for a late lunch and hangout time.

Shhh. I am not nuts. I know what I'm doing. Or at least I think I do...

So this week I'm getting everything ready for my mom, dad, brother, his girlfriend and my aunt to come over on Saturday. We are ordering pizza and I will be cutting up veggies for salad today. Mom is bringing dessert. Drinks are already bought and taken care of. So food - check.

I have been cleaning like a madwoman this week, and got our couches cleaned and dog-hair free yesterday. A little more to do today, but clean house - check.

I bought memorial Christmas ornaments for my parents, brother and aunt with Grandpa's picture in them. I also bought and wrapped my aunt's gifts. Presents - check.

And then...the highlight of the day. I bought, painted and prepared frames for my parents, brother and aunt. On Friday, they are supposed to give me a picture of our beautiful, precious embryos. Our babies. And then I will have hubby get copies of them and they will go in these frames.

Photobucket

I love these frames - they were so much fun to get ready and just putting the words on them brought tears to my eyes. No matter what, my parents are grandparents, my brother is an uncle, my aunt is a great-aunt...all for the first time. And we are parents. What a surreal, incredible, indescribable feeling. It still hasn't hit me. I need to see them. Right now they just still seem like a fairy tale...one that will hopefully and prayerfully come true.

So on Friday I will be...pregnant. And on Saturday, we will tell our family of their new-found titles. All on what would have been Grandpa's 80th birthday. Now that's a reason to celebrate, don't you think?

Phillipians 4:6-8:
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

5 comments:

Jen said...

What a wonderful post!!! Best of Luck and I hope all goes well with your family on Saturday. You will be in my prayers!!!

Hugs!!!

embieadoptmom said...

Sounds GREAT!! I will be praying as I got to sleep tonight that those babies will nuzzle in to their mama tomorrow! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

fantastic idea!! Can't wait to hear of their reaction :)

twondra said...

Love this! What a great idea! I'll be thinking and praying for you!!

Heather said...

I love sharing in the joy of this journey with you, Heather! I can just feel your excitement - it's contagious!